Friday, July 25, 2008

Wireless is great - when it works

Our wireless broadband service has just about forced me to break my commitment to blogging daily.

At the beginning of the year, we signed on with Virgin broadband, and the whole experience that followed has been fraught with headaches.

Yesterday our broadband decided to stop working. Occasionally - just occasionally - you get a brief 30-second window and you have a network. And then it's gone again.

So if this blog doesn't appear at some stage, then you know I probably haven't been hit by a bus; most likely I've just been hit by very poor internet provision.

Maybe if I get desperate I'll cruise the street, laptop open on the seat next to me, hunting for an unsecured network so I can post the waffle you stay up to read each night. (Or else do the ethical thing and go find a Telstra Hotspot.)

No comments: