Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Life through a small, round, smooth window


My life: a small, round, smooth window
through which I explore
but a fragment
of the tattered, glorious whole

Inside my small, round, smooth window
everything fits, everything makes sense
but it doesn't
make sense of everything
tattered and glorious, whole

You blink. My small, round, smooth window is gone.
Eyes wide open
Blue sky above warm red earth
beneath my radiant, dusty feet

Not a head hair singed,
not even of the smoke
an aroma
and sounds of glorious feasting

Every small window has its day
to vanish -
small, round and smooth; small, rough-and-ready -
all must vanish (yours and mine)
and all be revealed
in the twinkling of an eye

Eyes wide open.
Radiant feet planted,
small dusty fingers ranging
over the tattered, glorious
whole made whole.

In memory of 'Puds', whose small, rough-and-ready window closed in June 2008.

No comments: