Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tasty simplicity

It's hard not to love a good pizza.

But what is it that makes a good pizza?

I would suggest that, for the most part, good pizzas rely on simple combinations of distinct flavours.

Forget your pizza crust stuffed with 5 different fat-laden cheeses.

Forget your pizza topping piled high with a compendium of ingredients to rival Aunt Mary's Christmas shopping list.

Forget it all and THINK SIMPLE.

Basil. Oregano. Tomato. Garlic. Prawns. Calamari. Fish. Dough. Cheese.

Yum. Sometimes less is more - agreed?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Agreed. But as long as the Fish is anchovies. I also like extra garlic. Ham is pretty important. And then you need BBQ sauce to go with the ham. That's pretty much all you need. And maybe a 2nd kind of cheese..

Adriaan said...

Extra garlic is cool with me on ANY kind of pizza (okay, except dessert pizzas).

Anchovies ... hmmm ... you can my have my share.

What I do see we have in common is simplicity of ingredients.

Reminds me of an excellent video from 'Sam the Cooking Guy' which came on my work phone; in two minutes he shows you how to make an awesome simple BBQ chicken pizza. I'm dying to try it.